Under Short-term Rentals

Principal Residence + Short-Term Rentals + Resale = Capital Gains Tax

Most Canadians know they’ll pay capital gains tax to the Canada Revenue Agency when they sell an asset, such as their home, or investment for more than they paid. They also know and appreciate the fact their principal residence is exempt. However not every homeowner that rents part-time realizes their homes’ principal residence status could change because it’s being used differently and that 50% of the gain may be taxable as part of their regular income. [read more]

Comment On This!

Back To The Top